Instagram Login | Email and Username Troubleshooting
Instagram Login is done with the email id or the username of the person. Thus frequently we might get certain issues like forgetting the username or the email id or entering it wrong. So in this article, we have discussed the Instagram Email and Username Troubleshooting. This will be of great use if you face problems regarding Email and Username.
The common issues regarding the Email and Username Troubleshooting are given below for you to conveniently use Instagram application. Instagram app is also available for Instagram for PC, Instagram for Mac, Instagram for iOS, Instagram Apk, Instagram for Windows Phone and more.
I forgot my Instagram Username
If you’re trying to log into your account but can’t remember your username:
- Tap Forgot? Next to Password on the login page.
- Tap Username or Email.
- If you don’t see your username there, enter your email address and tap Search.
- Tap Send a Password Reset Email, and we’ll send you an email with your username in the greeting. You’ll also have to reset your password.
If you’re logged into your account, you can find your username at the top of your profile.
What can I do if I’ve lost access to the email I signed up with?
If you lost access to the email address you used to sign up for Instagram, you can change the email address associated with your account.
If you can’t log into Instagram because you forgot your password and can’t access the email address you used to sign up, please get in touch with your email service provider to get access to that email. If you’ve linked your account to Facebook, you can reset your password using Facebook, log in and change the email address listed in your profile.
Email Service Provider contacts
- aol.com, aim.com
- att.net, sbcglobal.net
- btinternet.com, btopenworld.com, talk21.com
- gmail.com, googlemail.com
- hotmail.com, msn.com, hotmail.co.uk
- live.com, windowslive.com, live.ca
- mac.com, me.com
- yahoo.com, rocketmail.com, ymail.com, yahoo.co.uk, yahoo.ca
If you’ve forgotten your password and lost access to your email account, we’re unable to release the Instagram account to you. This includes accounts registered with mistyped email addresses. We understand this can be frustrating, but this policy is meant to make sure Instagram accounts don’t fall into the wrong hands.
I received an email that I created a new Instagram Account, but I didn’t sign up for a new account.
Most likely, someone tried to sign up for an Instagram account using your email address by mistake. To remove your email from the account:
- If you have an Instagram account, log out. Before logging out, make sure that you have access to the email address currently associated with your account. Learn how to update your email address.
- If you don’t have an Instagram account, skip to step 3.
- Click let us know at the bottom of the Welcome to Instagram email to let us know this wasn’t you.
You should then be able to use this email address to sign up for an Instagram account or add it to your existing account.
If you’re still having issues with your email or phone number, let us know.
What can I do if my Instagram Account has been disabled?
If you think your account was disabled by mistake, you may be able to appeal the decision by opening the app, entering your username and password and following the on-screen instructions.
If you don’t see a disabled message, you may be experiencing a login issue. If your account was deleted by you or someone with your password, there’s no way to restore it. You can create a new account with the same email address you used before, but you may not be able to get the same username.
You may also like: Instagram Tips and Tricks